Data Analyst - Financial Statements (remote job)
Mesitis is a Singapore based fintech that offers Canopy (https://canopy.sg), a next generation account aggregation and portfolio visualization platform for high net-worth individuals and wealth professionals. We are the Singapore Winner and Global Finalist of the UBS Future of Finance Challenge (2015), and "Singapore's #1 Hottest Startup" according to Singapore Business Review (2016)
As a data visualisation company, Canopy is extracting financial information from bank statements of individual investors. This includes transactional records as well as security holdings information. The system of extracting the information and classifying it into our standard set is what we call parsing.
Since this process stands at the beginning of the journey of data through our system, it is vital to the health and depth of the information that we visualise to end clients.
We already have many remote team members in our development team and we like to work with people who are keen to be flexible.
This position is specifically meant to be remote (i.e. not in Singapore) for anyone in a timezone that has reasonable overlap with Singapore times.
- Act as a liaison between operations department (end-users) and software development team on the statement parsing delivery and prioritisation.
- Coordinate, monitor, and control queue for development and testing; ensure that tickets are delivered timely and accurately.
- Analyse and define statement extraction requirements for developers.
- Participate in system configuration, testing and reconciliation of parsing output.
- Track and document changes to functional and business specifications; ensures that documentation for both internal and external clients are up to date.
- Provide appropriate post implementation support and assistance in training departmental end-users.
- Involve in user acceptance test of other system functionalities development.
- Reconciliation and analytical skills with an aptitude for problem-solving.
- Fast learner, proactive, has excellent attention to details and tenacity.
- Independent, self-motivated; able to deal with wide scopes of demands under pressure.
- Responsible and able to follow through on issues with minimal supervision.
- Enjoy routine tasks; like dealing with data and numbers.
- Knowledge of financial instruments like bonds, equities would be an advantage.